Memorable One!

To an introverted girl like me, giving an Interview feels like climbing up Mount Everest. Coming from a Chemical engineering background, with little knowledge of programming, Thinking of securing a placement in the IT field. As everyone thinks, I have the only thing in mind, to do my best and get a job. 

I feel like only I and HR will be there no more candidates will be there and he only focuses on my performance, he may remember my name and criticize me for my performance, if my performance was out of the path.

Do I really feel butterflies in my stomach?

Does the Interview happen as I thought?

But what actually happened

13-09-2022 is the day when I took my assessment for Cognizant and on 20-09-2022 I got a mail regarding communication assessment, I gave it my shot and waited for my interview. When I am returning to my home from the hostel for the Dussehra vacation, I got a mail regarding my interview which is scheduled for the very next day, happy about getting selected for the interview, and at the same time nervous about the interview which is going to be held next day. After 6 hours of journey, I reached home late at night, woke up early to see the most asked HR questions, and prepared well to my best.

Arranged my seat and got ready for my interview, started waiting for my turn, messaging other friends if they are done with their interview, eager to know what questions are being asked by an interviewer, at the end of the slot, to my surprise interview was not taken for me. My mind was in dilemma, whether my interview will be rescheduled or canceled?  started scrolling Quora about what will be the further process will they conduct an interview or leave it as is. After scrolling, I got to know there will be no rescheduling of an interview. Felt very upset as usual for a day and started preparing for the next placements, after a few days we got another mail regarding the rescheduling of an interview, felt happy and prepared my seat, this time I am in a hostel, after my class at 11 AM, came back to the hostel and sat for an interview, waiting...waiting...for my turn eagerly, Checking my mail for every 2 sec, Refreshing page...this continued for an hour...Guess what?

To my surprise, this time the same scenario repeated, My interview was not taken. After a few days, My interview was done very well with butterflies in my stomach. I didn't expect that I would talk about sustainable living. I expressed really well about my thoughts regarding sustainable choices and thoughts.

Finally, on one fine day, I got selected for Cognizant. That was my happiest moment.

 



Comments

Popular Posts